Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hello from NYC!!!



Hey everyone! Just an update from the road--we had a great show a few weeks ago in my home state of Arkansas! I was fortunate to play a beautiful venue in downtown Fort Smith at the convention center on Feb. 13. Melanie and I performed our acoustic set and were honored to share the night with two great acts - The Swon Brothers and Hillbilly Vegas. Thanks to everyone that came out to the show. I hope every one of you had a wonderful Valentine's day and weekend and were able to spend time with those you care about.

More recently, some of you may have caught the Huckabee show last night on Fox where I had the privilege of talking about my granddaughter's neurological condition. I also performed the song I wrote as a tribute to her, "She's With Me." The video and single are available on iTunes if any of you haven't had a chance to see or hear it yet. I am so blessed to have such a sweet angel in my family, and I had no idea how many other families like mine there were out there with kids in a similar situation. This song is not only meant for healing for our family, but for all the families out there that understand the joy and pain that comes with caring for a sick child. God bless those children and those that take care of them.

Thanks again to all of you for your continued support. If you weren't able to catch the Saturday night viewing of me on the Huckabee show, it will play again two more times today (Sunday).

Hope everyone has a great day and is enjoying the weekend! Let's hope for some spring weather to come SOON! I don't know about most of you, but I feel like it's been winter for way too long!

Collin

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful song and grand daughter. May God Bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is with me!!!! Wow!! Totally amazing. I to am the grandparent of a 1 yr old little boy who was born with a genetic disorder called Apert's syndrome. www.caringbridge.org/visit/ianp I can not say that I know where you are coming from or how you feel. You had your baby doing all the normal things and then it changed. How hard and devastating that must be. She is beautiful! You can look into those eye and see she loves you. such a blessing and a joy.
    Ian is growning and developing. So far he his meeting his milestones. Because his fingers and toes were fused together, he is not walking or puling up yet. His bones in his skull fused together while in utero as well.
    Ian has had 1 suergery to seperate a few fingers and a few toes. Will have to have one more to complete the seperation to have all ten fingers and all ten toes. He has had one cranila vault surgery where they seperated teh bones in his skull so that his brain would have room to grow. Although we do not know what future hold for Ian, we know that God has a plan. We still aren't so sure why he chose us to care for this angel but we are treasuring every moment and every smile. Please feel free to check out our website and there is an email address on there for me. I may not have a child goign thru the exact thing you are, but I do have a cild that only God knows why he gave him to us to care for. That is something we do have in common. I will pray for Haley and for your family. I will definately pray for all the doctors who are making decions for this beautiful child.
    God bless,
    Michelle Weeks, LPN
    Birmingham Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Collin, I heard your new song She's With Me. That song is now my favorite song right now. I also have a little girl that has a neurological condition. Her name is also Haylee. She has what is called Batten disease. Your granddaughter sounds like so many cases of Batten disease. Our little Haylee hit most of all her developmental milestones until she was 18 months old. At that point she started to lose everything. She is now 3 years old. She can no longer do anything she use to do. Unfortunately she will probably not make past 5 years of age.

    Just wanted you to know that we have shared you song with everybody we know, and that everybody loves it.

    If you would like to find out more about our Haylee please visit her caring bridge site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/hayleejoyce or more about Battens Disease visit www.bdsra.org.

    Thanks for the great song
    Chris Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watched the appearance on Huckabee. Great performance as usual. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete